Wanting something really quick and easy to cook? Look no further! This fish pie is super easy and requires only a handful of ingredients and can be stuck in the oven once thrown together and voila….dinner is served.
I might just add that due to the wild weather we had experience here in Brisbane, filo pastry was not available so had to substitute for puff pastry but looking forward to trying this again with filo.
Quick Filo Fish Pie
1 cup milk
1 tbsp dill
1/2 cup greek yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
16 green prawns, peeled & deveined
2 x 150g hot-smoked salmon fillets, flaked
1 cup frozen peas
1 baby fennel bulb
8 sheets filo (or 1 sheet puff pastry)
100g unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Lightly beat the eggs and add the milk, dill, yoghurt, peas and paprika to the bowl.
- Thinly slice the fennel and then scatter salmon and fennel in ovenproof dish and lie prawns over the top.
- Pour milk mixture over the seafood and fennel and lay puff pastry over the top and brush with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden and prawns are cooked.
- Cool slightly and then serve with lemon wedges.