I am trying to limit my sugar intake from 12pm on to help balance my sugar levels out but today is Saturday and all the rules are different on Saturday…I have also had a really healthy day which generally means that I can use up the rest of my calories on dessert.
This recipe is a much healthier version of brownies as it does not use any gluten, dairy or refined sugar and I even cut them into smaller squares to get more out of it! This recipe is from JSHealth as I am about to begin The JSHealth Program as my next step in improving my relationship with food…why wouldn’t you with recipes this fantastic!
Nut Butter & Sea Salt Brownies
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line brownie or baking dish with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, cacao, salt and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond butter, syrup, milk and eggs by whisking together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and fold through until combined.
- Pour mixture into lined baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.