Who loves crunches? While I know they are good for me as it helps strengthen my core to avoid the back pain I experience from my few misfortunes along the way but boy the struggle is real getting through them.
Add this type of crunch to your life though and there is no struggle but pure enjoyment the whole time! I know I have been harping on about the JSHealth program but I am honestly learning so much and developing habits that are making a difference like Apple Cider Vinegar in water 15 minutes before even meal…it really does reduce sugar cravings.
Another tip was to avoid fruit and sweet foods in the afternoon to reduce sugar cravings in the evening when getting home from work or after dinner. I saw this granola in Jess’ introduction video as something she stores in her fridge so made up a batch and 2 weeks later I am still enjoying a sprinkling of it over my bircher in the mornings or (my favourite) over Greek yoghurt in the afternoon for a snack from 4-5pm. It adds that extra bit of protein and keeps you feeling full until dinner time.
Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Granola
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- ¼-1/3 cup virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups mixed raw nuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 120 C.
- In a food processor/mini-blender, whiz up the coconut flakes, nuts and seeds separately and combine in a bowl
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the nuts and stir to coat.
- Heat up the coconut oil on the stove.
- Mix the coconut oil through the nut mixture.
- Spread evenly on baking paper on a tray and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden, turning halfway.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.